KJZT Family Life is looking for a knowledgeable Insurance Services Manager to join our team.
JOB TITLE: INSURANCE SERVICES MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: INSURANCE SERVICES
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT/CEO
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Support the Fraternal’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our members, and accountability and ownership.
The Insurance Services Manager shall be fully knowledgeable of the work and duties of the Insurance Services Department. The Insurance Services Manager is responsible for the Insurance and Annuity Department, submitting various reports to the board, maintains membership records, and performs other duties as the need arises and/or as defined in the bylaws.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the Insurance and Annuity Department.
- Maintains compliance of annuity and IRA accounts.
- Creates forms and applications for insurance and annuity sales.
- Processes billing, past due accounts receivables.
- Examines and submits for approval of life insurance and annuity death claims.
- Will help facilitate the clear and concise communication between the involved parties of the claim.
- Collaborates with Actuaries to maintain compliance.
- Conducts overall daily operations of the organization in the absence of the President/CEO.
- Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for administration of insurance and annuity policies.
- Manages operations and productivity of the Insurance Department.
- Creates and modifies procedures and documents related to policies.
- Maintains an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Provides support for life insurance underwriter.
- Collects financial and medical information for the insurance underwriter to use to determine if insurance can be provided to an individual or organization.
- Reviews and maintains accurate records of new policies and renewals.
- Gains superior product knowledge to effectively help members.
- Follows up with members to ensure satisfaction.
- Work with Reinsurance Company to obtain quotes on products.
- Work with Reinsurance Company on underwriting new applications, lapses, surrenders and claims.
- Serve as Secretary to the Board of Director’s. Record all official proceedings of the Fraternal and minutes of the Board of Director’s meetings.
- Ensures that the records of the organization are maintained as required by law and made available when required by authorized persons.
EDUCATION: College degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: General Lines Insurance License through TDI preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to carry out written or oral instructions. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
MATH SKILLS: The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem. Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages; apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Identifying problems and issues of varying complexity and finding effective solutions when minimal standardization exists. Drawing correct and realistic conclusions and making timely decisions based on available information.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a Catholic in good standing.
- Must have knowledge of fraternal insurance business.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of annuity products (fixed, indexed, variable) and regulations both on the Federal and state level;
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software with a willingness to learn new systems.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner and must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively when dealing with staff, members and sales agents.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously with an analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Within one year of hire, you will be required to attain a Financial Insurance Counselor, FIC Designation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, with a moderate noise level. To perform the job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. Also occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application.