JOB TITLE: Marketing and Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Sales
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
To Support the Fraternal’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our members, accountability and leadership.
- Manage sales of the Fraternal’s products and
- Recruit, train and develop life insurance sales agents in the field to help members select the best insurance products that fit their needs.
- Coordinate sales production by establishing goals to accomplish sales
- Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales agents.
- Identify objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- term and long-term sales and earnings.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop a system of doing business including conceptualizing, implementing and executing the marketing and sales strategies for a comprehensive portfolio of life insurance and annuity products.
- Work with the President/CEO in an ongoing, collaborative manner to develop strategies, programs and systems to ensure the viable future of certificate
- Design and develop an extensive assortment of marketing materials, brochures, broadcast advertising copy, and other marketing tools for the Fraternal.
- Maintain awareness of community and governmental issues having implications for the company’s This may include interaction with such entities as the Texas Department of Insurance, Texas Legislature, and various media outlets.
- Design and update required contracting documentation.
- Recruit, train, oversee and direct the activities of agents and track the performance of agents and communicate job
- Develop a well-trained, motivated, professional sales force through coaching, mentoring, counseling and support.
- Conduct regular sales meetings to ensure reporting and communications is frequent and bi-directional.
- Sustain rapport with agents by making periodic contact and assisting agents at the point of sale.
- Act as a liaison 24/7 for internal and external communication
- Coordinate sales-driven contests and special
- Develop a sales reporting structure and appropriate
- Assist Insurance Committee and Actuary to develop competitive product
- Act as a liaison to the consulting Actuaries of the Fraternal in the development of new products and in the resolution of problems associated with existing insurance
- Attend special meetings, dinners and District Socials, as
- Negotiate contracts, with outside contractors/vendors, for production artwork, media buys, commercial printing, radio advertising, and etc.
- Develop and manage Marketing and Sales Department operating
- Participate in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional
- Perform special projects and other duties as requested, directed or
College degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- 12+ years successful, progressive experience in insurance sales or sales management; extensive knowledge of fraternal insurance
- Proven track record in managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results-oriented sales force.
- Must hold a Texas Life Agent License and have strong knowledge of life insurance basics, concepts, plans and applications.
- Good driving record and willingness to
- Self-motivated and disciplined with a strong work ethic to work in a field
- Must have strong leadership qualities and a high level of interpersonal skills, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner. Must have the ability to work cooperatively with sales agents, staff and
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Work requires continual attention to details, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Email your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and request an application.